So the neighborhood we live in had a fun little even called the "Santa Shuffle" where they had a 1 mile, 5k and a 10k race. Since now I am in the racing mood I decided to do the 10k. It would be easy I thought just 6 1/2 miles right? Wrong. I haven't been running as much because I am trying to let my body heal from the torture I put it through before. So actually the 10k was a little harder than I was expecting. It's amazing how fast your body reverts back to its old ways. But then I got this baby in the mail. Wow I did better than I thought. 1st place!!
Now for the funny part. I really have no reason to be cocky at all. Let me explain how the awards work. The top 3 finishers in each age group receive a medal. There were around 40 people that did the race. I was certainly not the first one through however I was the first one in my age group to finish. Cool right? Well it turns out I was the ONLY one in my age group period. So there you have it. 1st place!! So really they should have just given me a medal for 2nd and 3rd also. Oh well I can pretend I won right? :)
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Oh Yeah! I'm Awsome!
Posted by Jared and Taralie at 10:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











4 comments:
congratulations Taralie...that is awesome! I would be happy with just finishing. Your kids are growing up, so weird how that works. they are so cute. Tell them my little ones said "hi." Still wish you were here, but looks like you are doing well.
Taralie, I just got though reading your blog and I'm still giggling. That is so cool, you shouldn't have told us the real story - I wouldn't doubt that you could take first place.
The more you race, the more "places" you rack up. You earned it by being the only one your age willing to get out there, right?
I knew I should have run with you! That baby could have been mine! I would have at least gotten second!
-Emily
I LOVED this post! You are funny taralie:) You did deserve EVERY bit of that medal!
1st, 2nd and 3rd place too :)
<3
Post a Comment